The Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is one of many tools we employ to improve the performance of our assets. The CMMS may provide information to establish baseline data and set specific goals in improving key performance indicators. Eight of the KPIs promoted by the Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals are discussed below.
1. Asset utilization should be > 85%.
2. 100% of craft time should be scheduled.
3. 100% of craft time should be captured with the CMMS.
4. 90% of all work should be planned.
5. All PM and PdM tasks should be developed using the FMEA model.
6. Calendar based PMs are completed within 10% of their interval.
7. Target inventory turnover rate should be < 2.
8. PM schedule compliance should be 95% or greater.
Mainsaver has several features which facilitate collecting data in support of the KPIs mentioned above.
1. Timecards entered against work orders or non-productive activities such as meetings, clean up, etc.
2. Work Type column to help identify scheduled vs unscheduled work
3. Automatic computation of inventory turns
4. PM Compliance results report
5. Asset risk analysis scoring
6. Downtime tracking
7. Ability to plan work with assigned hours
8. Ability to assign a scheduled date to work orders
Periodic KPI analysis may be done from within Mainsaver or externally using a report writer such as Infomaker. Data may also be exported to Excel at record level or summary level through the export of a report. Within Mainsaver there are many Management Reports, General Reports and queries to provide statistics.
Work Orders by Work Type Analysis Graph
Controls within Mainsaver
For data that is required to produce the desired KPI computations, Mainsaver provides the ability to make these fields as required entries.
>System Administration>>Settings>>Column Configuration and Security
Visit SMRP.ORG for more information and valuable links. A relevant book on this topic is Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices written by Ramesh Gulati.
Mainsaver offered a variety of CMMS solutions that matched the way our business works. They provided customizable solutions and integration options that effectively manage our maintenance requirements and save us quite a bit of money in the process.