Using Work Saving Features in Mainsaver
Mainsaver has a number of work saving features that can streamline its use, both during initial system setup/build and during later daily operations. Detailed below are some infrequently used features that can significantly impact the amount of time required to perform various Mainsaver tasks:
Feature 1 – Duplicate Menu Function
• Found under the “File” menu item of numerous modules
• Allows complete duplication of existing or previous Assets, Work Orders, PMs, Requisitions, and Purchase Orders
• Saves work and time by duplicating all details of the item being copied
Feature 2 – Duplicate Check Box
• Found in the lower left hand corner of the screen when creating a new Asset, Part, or PM record.
• Used in conjunction with the Continuous Add check box to streamline the creation of multiple records that may be similar
• When activated, data saved for a new record prepopulates the fields for the next record to be entered.
Feature 3 – Mass Close Work Orders
• Found under the “File” menu of the work order module • Allows quick closing of multiple work orders from those that are listed in the work order table view screen
Feature 4 – Copy Spare Parts
• Allows asset spare parts list (bill of material) to be copied from one Manufacture/Model number to the next
• Located in System Administration under References > Manufacturers & Model Numbers
• Use the “copy spare parts” button located on the spare parts tab to copy from one Manufacturer / Model to another
Feature 5 – Demand Tasks
• Found as a main function item under the Preventive Maintenance Main Menu
• Builds a preplanned work order template that can quickly create work orders for repetitive tasks / jobs that may be needed on demand. (Works much like a PM, but has no defined frequency. Can be generated on demand.)
• Demand Tasks can be grouped to generate a group of work orders for a given task or project.
• Saves work / time by allowing frequent, repetitive work orders to be created at the click of a button.
Utilizing the work saving features of Mainsaver can significantly reduce time to complete specific tasks.
Mainsaver offered a variety of CMMS solutions that matched the way our business works. They provided customizable solutions and integration options that effectively manage our maintenance requirements and save us quite a bit of money in the process.