Update/Optimize Material Order Point & Maximum values in the Parts Master
Would like to use Materials Automatic Re-order function in Mainsaver, but part Min/Max values are not accurate.
A very effective tool for helping set/manage the order point and maximum on hand values is the ABC analysis tool found in the Materials Module. (Materials > Parts Master > Options > ABC Analysis Utility). This tool allows analysis that will effectively show the following:
- Highest Valued Parts (based on part price x quantity on hand)
- Highest and lowest usage parts for a given time period based on quantity used
- Highest and lowest usage parts for a given time period based on value (quantity used x price)
Using this data, the Material Manager can then make better educated decisions on which parts should be stocked at higher levels (higher usage parts), and which may need to be stocked, (or not) at lower levels.
To execute the ABC part analyses, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Materials > Parts Master > Options > ABC Analysis Utility
- For the Part Value Analysis, select “Cost” from the method drop down box and enter percentage values in the A/B/C percent fields to categorize the part into 3 categories. Click on the “OK” button and a report will be generated giving part values sorted from highest to lowest.
- For the Usage Analysis, select “Usage” from the method drop down box, then enter the number of day to analyze in the “Usage Period” field. Click on “OK” and a report will be generated that shows the highest and lowest usages of parts for the time period based on quantity used.
- For the Value & Usage Analysis, select “Cost and Usage” from the method drop down box, then enter the number of day to analyze in the “Usage Period” field. Click on “OK” and a report will be generated that shows the highest and lowest usages of parts for the time period based on quantity used x part p
When completed, use these reports to determine which parts need higher Order Point and Maximum values and which need lower or no values. These can then be set on the “Order Point” tab of the part record.
Having accurate Order Point and Maximum values on the part records allows the confident use of the part auto-replenishment function in Mainsaver (Order Point Review). When the Order Point and Maximum values are properly set, requisitions can be automatically created for approval when a part reaches its reorder value. Properly utilizing the Min/Max and order point function, reduces part “stock outs”, streamlines the requisitioning of parts, and also prevents slow moving parts from being over stocked.
Mainsaver offered a variety of CMMS solutions that matched the way our business works. They provided customizable solutions and integration options that effectively manage our maintenance requirements and save us quite a bit of money in the process.